Montelle Winery


The period between Thursday 28th September and Sunday 1st October was a busy time on the social calander. On Thursday night I took in a pre-season ice hockey game when our local St Louis Blues lost 4-2 to Minnesota Wild. On the Sunday I also went to the final regular season baseball game where our Cardinals lost 5-3 to the Brewers. However it wasn't all doom and gloom as Houston also lost which meant the Cardinals made it through to the post season our Quarter Finals as we would call it. The highlight of the weekend involved a trip to a winery with some friends. The 'Montelle Winery' is located in the Augusta wine district which is one of the more scenic parts of St Louis. Phil and myself used our Scottish accent to our advantage to get twice the amount of free tastings as the average visitor. After the wine tasting we bought a couple of bottles and sat out on the large deck which overlooks the Missouri River. I hadn't heard of Missouri being a popular wine growing area but apparently it was during the 19th century before prohibition halted the states winemaking until the late 1960's. The Montelle vineyards is one of many winerys in the area which is now trying to rebuild Missouri's reputation as a wine producing state. I have attached two photo's from our day in Augusta including one of a local pub we visited on our way to Montelle. Apparently it was a bikers pub.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home